Tuesday 23 September 2008

Back from Derby

I typed a nice long piece last night...and when I clicked "publish post" my computer decided the Internet connection wasn't working! So I'm back today at least...and I'm physically just back from visiting the 1st year students in Derby. I did my session in a lovely big lecture theatre...on what appears to be a very modern campus. Just before my session, I was able to listen to Joan Howarth, one of the lecturers, explain about the Blackboard system the students use at Derby. I don't think these things were invented when I was a student!!! I've just logged into my University of Salford blackboard...and managed to leave a message on the "social wiki" and in the discussion forum...virtual coffee shop! To top that...I have also used Skype for the first time! I have spoken to my personal tutor, Angela Hook...after a few technical issues with my microphone! I'm now going to use Skype to speak to my brother...as you get the added bonus of webcam - so I can check the weather in Somerset!

No comments: